Cedar siding comes with high maintenance due to its vulnerability to damaging moisture intrusion if it’s not properly sealed over the years. When wood siding gets compromised, cascading problems can follow such as pest infestation, wood rot, and mold.
Why Homeowners Prefer Hardie Siding over Cedar or Vinyl
Tired of cedar siding?
When siding gets damaged or worn out, it’s helpful to educate yourself on siding options. If you’re tired of the tedious work it takes to keep cedar siding intact, and you’re ready to spend more time doing the things you love—check out the low maintenance of Hardie siding.
Why homeowners get frustrated with vinyl
Vinyl siding may be more affordable than brick or Hardie siding, but it comes with drawbacks. Vinyl is thin and vulnerable to damage, and it melts in a fire. It can fade at noticeably different rates, creating unsightly color inconsistency. It doesn’t last like Hardie siding due to its pliable makeup.
The Value of Hardie Siding
Here are some of the benefits of Hardie siding that make it worth the investment.
1. The warranty will give you peace of mind.
The James Hardie company is so sure their siding material will last, they cover it with a 30 year warranty. As long as you have it installed by a contractor they have trained (like us), your warranty will be honored, and you can rest at ease in your home’s protection.
2. You can’t beat its low maintenance.
It pays to install durable Hardie siding because it will save you time and money on maintenance. Simply wash it twice a year with a garden hose and a nylon brush to remove dirt. That’s it!
3. It lasts up to 50 years!
Long-lasting Hardie siding that is properly installed and cared for over the years typically lasts up to 50 years. One of the greatest reasons Dayton homeowners choose it is because they can rely on its durable fiber cement makeup, and have confidence in its ability to protect their home.
4. It’s gorgeous.
When it comes to looks—Hardie siding’s got you covered. The multiple style options give you endless possibilities to make your home stand out. Get the perfect look for your dwelling from the timeless beauty of HardiePlank® lap siding to the stylish rustic chic board-and-batten look achieved when you combine HardiePanel® and HardieTrim®.
5. You can trust its reliability.
Hardie siding is backed by the Good Housekeeping Seal, which was awarded after its rigorous evaluation by the Good Housekeeping Research Institute. It was evaluated for fade resistance, weather resistance, protection from moisture penetration, fire resistance, and more.
6. Expect a high ROI.
Hardie siding is known for adding value to your home, so you can expect a great ROI.
Get the best return on investment (ROI) on your installation by:
- Choosing the optimal style and texture for your new siding.
- Selecting a color combination that brings out the best in your home.
- Hiring the optimal contractor for your project.
- Preparing your home exterior to make the siding installation seamless.
How to Know You Need New Siding
Your home siding may only be replaced once or twice in your lifetime, depending on the material you choose and how precisely it was installed. To take the mystery out of how to know it’s time for new siding, here are some simple things to look for:
- Have insects such as termites or stink bugs infested your siding?
- Did woodpeckers compromise your siding by drilling holes in it?
- Do you have paint or wallpaper in your home interior that is peeling?
- Is your current siding damaged or cracked?
- Do you have loose siding boards?
- Are you tired of your home exterior’s constant need for maintenance?
- Have your utilities increased, but you’re not sure why?
- Did you have a hail storm that impacted your siding, creating dents?
- Is your siding super faded?
Realize that if your current siding has been compromised due to common threats such as insects, severe weather, or age—if you leave it damaged without replacing it in a timely fashion, you could end up with more costly problems due to moisture damage.
From wood rot to mildew, moisture intrusion can wreak havoc on your home. Avoid trouble by inspecting your siding each spring and fall, as well as after any major storms—then hire professionals to replace it swiftly.
Get a Siding Contractor You Can Trust
Don’t settle for a subpar siding contractor. Choose your home exterior contractor wisely by following these simple tips:
- Take time to interview at least three companies and get written estimates from each.
- For your protection, find out if they are insured and bonded.
- Ask all three prospects for references and find out firsthand what past clients are saying about the contractor including how clean their job site was when they left each day, and how satisfied they are with the results of the installation.
- Do plenty of online research. Inquire about manufacturer warranties, and find out what the contractor does to make sure they are honored.
- Know what is expected when it comes to payment, including the total price for the labor and materials as well as when the contractor expects to receive payment.
Why Homeowners Choose American Way Exteriors
American Way Exteriors delivers precision siding installation for Dayton homeowners. As a James Hardie Elite Preferred contractor, we ensure your 30-year warranty is honored, and we install your siding with the high standards set by the Hardie company.
Take the first step toward siding replacement today. Schedule an appointment with our trustworthy team and discover the American Way difference