When commercial siding fails, your investment is at risk of costly damage. When water invades your investment’s exterior, moisture intrusion, pest infestation, rot, and mold can result. Siding replacement will safeguard your commercial property from the elements, maximize curb appeal, and enhance energy savings.
It’s vital to survey the options for new siding material proactively in order to get the best solution for your commercial property’s long-term needs. Read on to discover top siding materials that deliver the low maintenance you’re looking for.
Get Low-Maintenance Commercial Siding
Commercial properties have needs that go beyond what residential homes require. The right siding will stand up to storms for years and deliver the aesthetics you desire. You can save significant time and cost for maintenance on your commercial building when you build and upgrade with the right materials.
Here are several of the top commercial siding products and some low-maintenance reasons you’re going to love them.
James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding
Fiber cement siding is one of the top siding solutions for commercial properties, and one reason owners love it is its low maintenance. So how exactly do you save time on upkeep with this durable siding? Here’s how:
- Engineered for climate—One of the best ways to save time on maintenance is to invest in siding that stands up to the weather. Hardie siding is made to stand up to the specific climate it is installed in. Dayton’s chilly snowy winter, rainy spring, and severe storms are no match for the highly researched elements that go into this outstanding siding.
- Moisture resistant—Water penetration causes costly damage to vulnerable siding such as wood. Mold, wood rot, and even structural damage can result when water enters the protective layer of a building. The resulting repairs can be a real hassle to attend to, and a drain on your cash flow. In contrast, Hardie siding stands up to rain, snow, and hail, giving you confidence your investment is well covered, and delivering the low-maintenance the Hardie company promises.
- Pest resistant—When siding is compromised, not only does water get in, but pests can swiftly invade. Their costly damage is a bother to resolve and a drain financially. In contrast, Hardie siding is not edible to pests and doesn’t attract termites, carpenter ants, or pesky woodpeckers—saving you time and money with another low-maintenance perk.
- Fade-resistant—James Hardie siding comes either with a factory-applied finish or as pre-primed boards you can paint any color. The 15-year warranty on Hardie’s ColorPlus finishes ensures protection against chipping, cracking, and fading—giving you clear direction on which type will leave you with the lowest maintenance over the years.
- Durability—Hardie siding is known to last up to 50 years when properly installed and maintained. You’ll save time and cost by choosing this long-lasting siding product for your commercial property.
- Easy to clean— This siding maintains its elevated looks with easy maintenance. Simply wash your Hardie siding twice a year to ensure dirt and debris don’t attach themselves to your commercial siding. Keep an eye on its caulking and replace it as needed. That’s it!
LP SmartSide Engineered Wood Siding
Love the look of wood—without wood’s high maintenance? LP SmartSide may be a solution worth considering. It delivers the classic warmth of genuine wood grain, yet with low maintenance. Here’s why:
- Impact resistant—You can build with confidence when choosing LP SmartSide Engineered Wood siding. You’ll bypass the trouble many property owners experience after severe storms when you choose this robust siding solution.
- Durability—The reliable performance LP SmartSide Engineered Wood siding delivers long-lasting protection for your commercial property. You won’t have to re-side any time soon when you choose this popular solution for your commercial property’s needs.
- Makeup—LP SmartSide Trim and siding stand up to baseballs and whatever gets thrown its way. The secret is their proprietary manufacturing process. With four components of protection that treat every strand of wood, this strong siding resists impact, moisture, fungal decay, termites, and more.
- Zinc borate—This helps it resist damage from termites and fungal decay.
- Resins—This ingredient allows it to stand up to impact and survive the freeze/thaw cycles.
- Waxes—This helps it resist moisture and withstand humidity.
- Overlay—This aids it in resisting moisture intrusion, providing a durable base for a finished look.
Sturdier and longer lasting than vinyl, aluminum siding gives a modern vibe to commercial buildings. Its finish may fade over time, eventually requiring refinishing or replacement. It has a track record of becoming scratched or dented, resulting in the need for repair or replacement.
Mastic Vinyl Siding
Vinyl siding is a low-maintenance siding that never needs to be painted. When it comes to painting the saying goes, “When it’s vinyl, it’s final.” While it saves you time and money not to paint it, vinyl can tend to pose other problems that can cause the need for repairs. It tends to crack in cold weather and can melt due to heat.
Brick delivers a considerably low-maintenance exterior. And if you don’t paint it, your brick won’t require as much upkeep. It stands up to the elements, lasts decades, delivers elevated curb appeal, and is timeless. The only downside to brick is the initial investment. It requires additional labor and its construction is weather dependent.
Protect Your Investment Property with Durable, Low-Maintenance Siding
At American Way Exteriors, we understand the importance of your time. We install low-maintenance siding to ensure you won’t have to invest extra time in your property’s upkeep. We install top-notch siding materials on commercial properties in the Greater Dayton area.
Products that last are important to us—that’s why we specialize in James Hardie siding. It’s the strongest siding available that stands up against Ohio’s harshest elements and has a 30-year warranty.
Take a look at our commercial siding services.