If spending your time, money, and energy repainting your home’s siding every few years is a frustrating task you dread—we understand.
Painting your exterior is a huge undertaking, especially if you have a siding material that suffers considerably from fading, like vinyl or wood.
What if we told you there’s a way you could never have to worry about re-painting your siding again? Before you tell us it’s too good to be true, let us share the incredible fade-resistant benefits of James Hardie fiber cement siding!
What Causes Siding Fade?
Siding can fade for various reasons; however, the following are the most common:
- Sunlight—Direct exposure to the sun’s harmful rays will cause your siding to fade and deteriorate quickly, especially when your siding is made of vinyl.
- Rain—Frequent rain can wash away your siding’s protective covering, making the material more prone to losing its color.
- Snow—Snow can have the adverse fading effects of both sun and snow. The snow reflects the sun’s rays, resulting in amplified fading from the sun, and when it melts, it washes away your siding’s protective coating, making it more prone to fading.
- Shade—Darker siding colors, like brown and deep red, will fade faster than lighter shades, like white or beige.
Fading can happen at different rates in different spots around your home, resulting in color inconsistencies. Typically, the sunny sides of your house will fade more quickly than the shaded sides.
How James Hardie Siding Offers Fade-Resistant Protection
James Hardie siding is an excellent investment for homeowners in search of a low-maintenance, fade-resistant material.
ColorPlus® Technology by James Hardie is the primary reason this industry-leading fiber cement siding product offers such effective fade resistance.
ColorPlus Technology is a baked-on finish applied to your siding boards in a controlled factory setting. The result is siding boards that resist damage from the elements, like chipping, peeling, cracking, and fading. When your boards arrive at your house, they’re already painted in your desired siding color, and the shade lasts decades longer than traditional paint.
Traditional Paint vs. James Hardie ColorPlus
Since vinyl siding panels are painted after they’re installed on your home, they’re prone to poor quality application due to uncontrollable elements like wind, heat, and humidity. Plus, traditional paint must be re-applied regularly to maintain its bright appearance, so you’ll spend valuable time and money maintaining vinyl siding.
ColorPlus Technology is applied to your fiber cement boards in a factory-controlled environment to eliminate environmental inconsistencies. You’ll never have to re-paint your siding boards, so you can enjoy beautiful, vibrant colors at no extra expense from your initial investment. Here’s a look at the proven process James Hardie uses to ensure fade-proof color:
- Conditioning—The boards are heated and conditioned before the first coat of paint is applied for a stronger bond.
- Coating—The edges and surfaces of the boards are coated with the first layer of color.
- Curing—After the first coat, the boards are heated again to ensure the second coat of paint adheres seamlessly.
- Second Coating—The boards are covered with paint once more to ensure the surface is thoroughly and evenly colored.
- Baking—The panels are heated a final time to give them the baked-on finish that resists fading and offers long-lasting performance.
Finally, James Hardie guarantees its siding boards with ColorPlus® Technology will last, and the company offers a great warranty to back up the claim.
The ColorPlus Technology warranty is a 15-year limited warranty that covers paint and labor and protects against peeling, cracking, or chipping from normal wear and tear. You can be confident your color will last, and in the unlikely event your fiber cement boards begin to fade, you won’t have to touch a finger (or spend a dime) to fix them.
Discover the Many Benefits of Installing Fade-Resistant James Hardie Siding
There’s no doubt fiber cement siding with ColorPlus Technology is the superior choice for fade resistance when compared to vinyl, wood, and other siding materials.
American Way Exteriors believes in installing products that last, like fiber cement siding. We’re the only James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor in Dayton, so you can be confident your siding will be installed in the right way to protect your warranties.
Want to learn more about the benefits of James Hardie siding beyond the incredible fade-resistant qualities? Discover all the ways this industry-leading fiber cement siding product can improve your home’s durability, beauty, and long-lasting appeal!